New features in this release:
- Full support for Visual Studio 2010 RTM
- .NET 4 support – You can now build your Windows Azure web apps and services using either .NET 3.5 or the new .NET 4.0 platform.
- Cloud Storage Explorer: browse the tables and blobs in your Windows Azure account from within VS
- Built-in Deployment: deploy your project to the Windows Azure cloud from within VS, with detailed status info every step of the way
- Service monitoring: monitor the status of your services in the cloud using the new ‘compute’ node in VS Server Explorer
- IntelliTrace support for debugging cloud service activity, with automatic log retrieval. Requires VS 2010 Ultimate and .NET 4.0
More info on Jim’s blog post